- From the File menu, select Page Setup. You see the following:
- Make sure C44 Series is selected. If not, select your printer in the Chooser.
- Select your paper size (click on the arrow to scroll through the Paper Size list).
- If necessary, select your page orientation: Portrait for documents that are longer than they are wide, or Landscape for documents that are wider than they are long.
- Then click OK.
Note: For more information about printer settings, click the ? button.
- From the File menu, select Print. You see a window like the following:
- Make the following settings:
- Choose the paper you're printing on (click the arrow to scroll through the Media Type list). If you're not sure which setting to select, see Selecting the Correct Paper Type.
- Set the Ink option to Color to print a color document. To print a black text document, click Black.
- Set the Mode option to Automatic. It's the easiest way to get good printing results on all types of paper.
- Set the slider in the Mode box to Quality or Speed to select high-quality printing, faster printing, or an in-between setting.
- Click PhotoEnhance to improve the appearance of low-resolution and improperly exposed photos (works only when Color ink is selected).
- Click Custom, and then select ColorSync to match the colors in your printout as closely as possible to those you see using ColorSync-compatible devices and applications.
- To select a specific print quality setting, click Custom, then click the Advanced button that appears. You see the advanced screen. Choose a setting from the Print Quality menu:
- Economy or Economy Plus: For printing drafts on plain paper. Saves ink. (Economy Plus is available only if you select Black ink.)
- Normal: For everyday printing needs.
- Fine: When you want a higher resolution for printing text or text and graphics.
- Photo: For printing photographs.
- Photo RPM: When you want the highest resolution for your photographs and you don't mind the longer print time.
- You can also do the following:
to reduce or enlarge your image, print multiple layouts, or add a watermark.
to turn on background printing.
to change the Print button to Preview. You can then click it to preview your printout.
to check your ink levels.
- Click Print to start printing. If you turned on background printing, you can select EPSON MonitorIV from the Application menu in the upper right of your screen. You see this dialog box:
Tip: If you're not using background printing and you need to cancel printing, hold down the
key and press the . (period) key.
Caution: When you're finished using your printer, make sure you press the
power button to turn it off. Never use a power strip or external switch to turn off the printer.