You can select these Image Adjustments options in
Epson Scan Home Mode.
the Image Option checkbox if you
need to set any of the grayed-out image adjustments. Not all
adjustment settings may be available, depending on the Document
Type and Image Type setting. Click the Brightness button to access additional
- Removes the ripple pattern that might appear in
subtly shaded image areas, such as skin tones. This option improves
results when scanning magazines or newspapers. (The results of
descreening do not appear in the preview image, only in your
- Color Restoration
- Restores the colors in faded photos
- Backlight Correction
- Removes shadows from photos that have too much
- Dust Removal
- Removes dust marks from your originals
- DIGITAL ICE Technology
- DIGITAL ICE removes dust and scratch marks from
photos. It cannot be used with the Dust
Removal option. The effects of DIGITAL ICE Technology will
not appear in the Preview of the image. You must scan the original
to see the results.
- Text Enhancement
- Sharpens the appearance of letters in text
- Auto Area Segmentation
- Makes grayscale images clearer and text recognition
more accurate by separating the text from the graphics.
- Adjusts the overall lightness and darkness of the
- Adjusts the difference between the light and dark
areas of the overall scanned image.
- Adjusts the level at which black areas in text and
line art are delineated, improving text recognition in OCR (Optical
Character Recognition) programs.