You can select these Image Adjustments options in
Epson Scan Office Mode. Not all adjustment settings may be
available, depending on other settings you have chosen.
Note: Select the
Image Option checkbox if you need to
set any of the grayed-out image adjustments beneath the
- Unsharp Mask
- Makes the edges of certain image areas clearer. Turn off this
option to leave softer edges.
- Removes the ripple pattern that might appear in subtly shaded
image areas, such as skin tones. This option improves results when
scanning magazines or newspapers. (The results of descreening do
not appear in the preview image, only in your scanned image.)
- Text Enhancement
- Sharpens the appearance of letters in text documents.
- Auto Area Segmentation
- Makes grayscale images clearer and text recognition more
accurate by separating the text from the graphics.
- Color Enhance
- Enhances the red, green, or blue shades in the scanned
- Skip Blank Pages
- Ensures that your product does not scan pages that contain no
text or images.
- Edge Fill
- Corrects shadowing around the edges of the image by filling the
shadows with the color you select.
- Adjusts the overall lightness and darkness of the scanned
- Adjusts the difference between the light and dark areas of the
overall scanned image.
- Adjusts the level at which black areas in text and line art are
delineated, improving text recognition in OCR (Optical Character