You can select these Adjustments options in Epson
Scan Professional Mode. Not all adjustment settings may be
available, depending on other settings you have chosen.
Note: Select the
Image Option checkbox if you need to
set any of the grayed-out image adjustments beneath the
Click the image
adjustment icon to access additional settings.
Click the + (Windows) or (OS X) icon
next to a setting to change the level of adjustment.
- Unsharp Mask
- Makes the edges of certain image areas clearer. Turn off this
option to leave softer edges.
- Removes the ripple pattern that might appear in subtly shaded
image areas, such as skin tones. This option improves results when
scanning magazines or newspapers. (The results of descreening do
not appear in the preview image, only in your scanned image.)
- Color Restoration
- Restores the colors in faded photos automatically.
- Backlight Correction
- Removes shadows from photos that have too much background
- Dust Removal
- Removes dust marks from your originals automatically.
- Color Enhance
- Enhances the red, green, or blue shades in the scanned
- Edge Fill
- Corrects shadowing around the edges of the image by filling the
shadows with the color you select.
- Auto Exposure
- Automatically adjusts the image exposure settings when you
click the Auto Exposure icon. To automatically
adjust image exposure settings continuously, click the Configuration button, click the Color tab, and select Continuous auto exposure. You can adjust the
level of auto exposure using a slider.
- Histogram Adjustment
- Provides a graphical interface for adjusting highlight, shadow,
and gamma levels individually. (For advanced users only.) Click the
histogram icon to access the
- Tone Correction
- Provides a graphical interface for adjusting tone levels
individually. (For advanced users only.) Click the tone correction icon to access the
- Adjusts the overall lightness and darkness of the scanned
- Adjusts the difference between the light and dark areas of the
overall scanned image.
- Adjusts the density of colors in the overall image.
- Color Balance
- Adjusts the balance of colors in the overall image.
- Color Palette
- Provides a graphical interface for adjusting mid-tone levels,
such as skin tones, without affecting the highlight and shadow
areas of the image. (For advanced users only.) Click the Color Palette icon to access the
- Adjusts the level at which black areas in text and line art are
delineated, improving text recognition in OCR (Optical Character