You can select these scan settings in your imaging editing
application for OS X.
- Image Correction
- Provides a graphical interface for adjusting brightness, tint,
temperature, and saturation.
- Unsharp Mask
- Makes the edges of certain image areas clearer. Turn off this
option to leave softer edges.
- Removes the ripple pattern that might appear in subtly shaded
image areas, such as skin tones. This option improves results when
scanning magazines or newspapers. (The results of descreening do
not appear in the preview image, only in your scanned image.)
- Backlight Correction
- Removes shadows from photos that have too much background
- Dust Removal
- Removes dust marks from your originals automatically.
- Color Restoration
- Restores the colors in faded photos automatically.
- Quiet Mode
- Reduces noise during scanning and may reduce scan speed.