You can select these options from the Image Adjustments tab in
Note: Not all
adjustment settings may be available, depending on the Image Type
Select the Image Option checkbox
to access additional settings.
- Unsharp Mask
- Makes the edges of certain image areas clearer. Turn off this
option to leave softer edges.
- Removes the ripple pattern that might appear in subtly shaded
image areas, such as skin tones. This option improves results when
scanning magazines or newspapers. (The results of descreening do
not appear in the preview image, only in your scanned image.)
- Text Enhancement
- Sharpens the appearance of letters in text documents.
- Auto Area Segmentation
- Makes grayscale images clearer and text recognition more
accurate by separating the text from the graphics.
- The scan will not pick up the color you select. This setting is
only available if you select an Image Type of Grayscale or Black
- Color Enhance
- Enhances the red, green, or blue shades in the scanned
- Adjusts the overall lightness and darkness of the scanned
- Adjusts the difference between the light and dark areas of the
overall scanned image.