You can select these Image Adjustments options in
Epson Scan Office Mode. Not all adjustment settings may be
available, depending on other settings you have chosen.
the Image Option checkbox if you
need to set any of the grayed-out image adjustments beneath the
checkbox. Not all adjustment settings may be available, depending
on the Image Type setting.
- Unsharp Mask
- Makes the edges of certain image areas clearer. Turn
off this option to leave softer edges.
- Removes the ripple pattern that might appear in
subtly shaded image areas, such as skin tones. This option improves
results when scanning magazines or newspapers. (The results of
descreening do not appear in the preview image, only in your
- Text Enhancement
- Sharpens the appearance of letters in text
- Auto Area Segmentation
- Makes grayscale images clearer and text recognition
more accurate by separating the text from the graphics.
- Color Enhance
- Enhances the red, green, or blue shades in the
- Skip Blank Pages
- Ensures that your product does not scan pages that
contain no text or images.
- Edge Fill
- Corrects shadowing around the edges of the image by
filling the shadows with the color you select.
- Adjusts the overall lightness and darkness of the
- Adjusts the difference between the light and dark
areas of the overall scanned image.
- Adjusts the level at which black areas in text and
line art are delineated, improving text recognition in OCR (Optical
Character Recognition) programs.