You can select these Image Adjustments options in
Epson Scan Home Mode.
Note: Select the
Image Option checkbox if you need to
set any of the grayed-out image adjustments. Not all adjustment
settings may be available, depending on the Document Type and Image
Type setting. Click the Brightness
button to access additional settings.
- Removes the ripple pattern that might appear in subtly shaded
image areas, such as skin tones. This option improves results when
scanning magazines or newspapers. (The results of descreening do
not appear in the preview image, only in your scanned image.)
- Color Restoration
- Restores the colors in faded photos automatically.
- Backlight Correction
- Removes shadows from photos that have too much background
- Dust Removal
- Removes dust marks from your originals automatically.
- Text Enhancement
- Sharpens the appearance of letters in text documents.
- Auto Area Segmentation
- Makes grayscale images clearer and text recognition more
accurate by separating the text from the graphics.
- Adjusts the overall lightness and darkness of the scanned
- Adjusts the difference between the light and dark areas of the
overall scanned image.
- Adjusts the level at which black areas in text and line art are
delineated, improving text recognition in OCR (Optical Character