You can select these scan settings in your imaging
editing application for OS X, if available.
- Image Correction
- Provides a graphical interface for adjusting
brightness, tint, temperature, and saturation.
- Unsharp Mask
- Makes the edges of certain image areas clearer. Turn
off this option to leave softer edges.
- Removes the ripple pattern that might appear in
subtly shaded image areas, such as skin tones. This option improves
results when scanning magazines or newspapers. (The results of
descreening do not appear in the preview image, only in your
- Backlight Correction
- Removes shadows from photos that have too much
- Dust Removal
- Removes dust marks from your originals
- Color Restoration
- Restores the colors in faded photos
- Quiet Mode
- Reduces noise during scanning and may reduce scan