You can select these additional scanning settings on
the Epson Scan 2 Advanced Settings tab. Not all adjustment settings
may be available, depending on other settings you have chosen.
- Unsharp Mask
- Makes the edges of certain image areas clearer. Turn
off this option to leave softer edges.
- Removes the ripple pattern that might appear in
subtly shaded image areas, such as skin tones. This option improves
results when scanning magazines or newspapers. (The results of
descreening do not appear in the preview image, only in your
- Text Enhancement
- Sharpens the appearance of letters in text
- Auto Area Segmentation
- Makes grayscale images clearer and text recognition
more accurate by separating the text from the graphics.
- Adjusts the level at which black areas in text and
line art are delineated, improving text recognition in OCR (Optical
Character Recognition) programs.
- Color Enhance
- Enhances the red, green, or blue shades in the
- Adjusts the overall lightness and darkness of the
- Adjusts the difference between the light and dark
areas of the overall scanned image.
- Adjusts the midtone density of the scanned
- Skip Blank Pages
- If the scanner detects marks from the other side of
a blank page and adds the marks to the scanned image, adjust this
setting to prevent this.
- Edge Fill
- Corrects shadowing around the edges of the image by
filling the shadows with the color you select.
- Correct Document Skew
- Corrects skewed originals, image contents, or