You can select these additional scanning settings on
the Epson Scan 2 Advanced Settings tab. Not all adjustment settings
may be available, depending on other settings you have chosen.
- Color Restoration
- Restores the colors in faded photos
- Backlight Correction
- Removes shadows from photos that have too much
- Dust Removal
- Removes dust marks from your originals
- Text Enhancement
- Sharpens the appearance of letters in text
- Auto Area Segmentation
- Makes black and white images clearer and text
recognition more accurate by separating the text from the
- Adjusts the level at which black areas in text and
line art are delineated, improving text recognition in OCR (Optical
Character Recognition) programs.
- Color Enhance
- Enhances the shades of the color you select in the
scanned image. This setting is available only if you select
Grayscale or Black & White as the Image Type
- Adjusts the overall lightness and darkness of the
- Adjusts the difference between the light and dark
areas of the overall scanned image.
- Adjusts the density of colors in the overall
- Adjusts the midtone density of the scanned
- Unsharp Mask
- Makes the edges of certain image areas clearer. Turn
off this option to leave softer edges.
- Removes the ripple pattern that might appear in
subtly shaded image areas, such as skin tones. This option improves
results when scanning magazines or newspapers. (The results of
descreening do not appear in the preview image, only in your
- Edge Fill
- Corrects shadowing around the edges of the image by
filling the shadows with black or white.
- Correct Document Skew
- Corrects skewed originals, image contents, or