If you cannot scan over a network with Epson ScanSmart or start
the Epson Scan 2 Utility, try these solutions:
- Make sure the computer and product are connected to the same
network (or network segment/VLAN).
- Move the product and computer or smart device closer to the
router or access point.
- If you are
scanning a large original at a high resolution, a network
communication error may occur. Try scanning again at a lower
- Check the
network connection setting in the Epson Scan 2 Utility.
- You may need
to disable the firewall and any anti-virus software on your
wireless router or access point.
- If you see the message "Network product is not available:
currently being used by user", there may be a communication error
between the product and computer. Restart the product.
- If the Firewall function is active, the product may not be
discovered by the Epson Scan 2 Utility. Open the Epson Scan 2
Utility, enter the IP address for your product, and click
- If the product and computer cannot communicate and are
connected to the same network (or network segment/VLAN), the
privacy separator on your router must be disabled. Follow the
instructions in your router documentation to disable the privacy