Welcome to the Administrator's
For a printable PDF copy of this guide, click here.
Note: Not all
features mentioned in this Administrator's
Guide are available with every product model.
You can use two software utilities to configure your
product's advanced network settings: Web Config and EpsonNet
Config. This guide covers Web Config in detail; for information on
using EpsonNet Config, see the EpsonNet Config help utility.
The available network functions vary by product.
(Unavailable functions are not displayed on the product’s control
panel or software settings screen.) Epson products support the
following system administration functions:
- SSL/TLS communication: use Secure Sockets
Layer/Transport Layer Security to encrypt traffic and avoid
spoofing between the product and a computer
- IPsec/IP filtering: control access and secure
communications between the product and a network gateway
- Individual protocol control: enable and disable
- Remote configuration of scan and fax destinations:
use an LDAP server to look up fax and email contacts
- User feature restriction: allow or deny access to
printing, scanning, faxing, and copying on a per user basis
- Import and export printer settings: migrate settings
from product to product