Tips for Administrator / Settings for NetWare Users
This chapter explains how to configure the network interface for NetWare. First, you need to set up the device in a NetWare environment, and then configure the network interface using EpsonNet Config.
NetWare 3.1/3.11/3.12/3.2 (Bindery)
NetWare 4.1/4.11/4.2 (NDS, Bindery emulation)
IntranetWare (NDS, Bindery emulation)
NetWare 5.0/5.1 (NDS, NDPS)
NetWare 6.0 (NDS, NDPS)
The client environment must be supported by NetWare.
The clients are able to use the printer driver mounted on the network interface.
The following Novell Client is supported.
- For Windows 98/95:
Novell Client 3.3 or later for Windows 98/95
- For Windows 2000/NT 4.0:
Novell Client 4.8 or later for Windows 2000/NT 4.0
- For Windows XP:
Novell Client 4.9 or later for Windows XP
You can choose either the Print Server, Remote Printer, or Standby mode. We recommend that you use the Print Server mode unless the number of users exceeds the limit.
Features of these modes are described below.
- High-speed printing with direct printing
- Uses the NetWare user account
- Can connect up to 8 file servers simultaneously
- Can register up to 32 print queues
- A NetWare user account is not required.
- A print server is needed to control the remote printer.
- Can attach up to 16 printers for NetWare 3.x, and up to 255 for NetWare 4.x or later.
The Standby mode is the default mode. This mode disables all NetWare related functions. Use the Standby mode when you are not using the network interface in a NetWare environment.
|Version 1.00E, Copyright © 2003, SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION|