Aligning the Print Head
If your printouts contain misaligned vertical lines, you may need to align the print head. Your printer must be connected directly to your computer (not over a network) to use the Print Head Alignment utility.
Caution: Load plain paper that's at least 8.27 inches (210 mm) wide to prevent ink from spraying inside the printer and smudging your printouts.
- Make sure the printer is turned on, but not printing, and letter-size plain paper is loaded.
- Do one of the following:
- Follow the instructions on the screen to print a test page. You see this window:
- On the printed page, select the pattern that shows the two vertical lines most precisely printed on top of each other. You may need to use a magnifying glass.
Select one pattern each for rows 1, 2, and 3. Then enter the number of the best pattern for each row in the corresponding boxes on the screen.
- Click Realignment to print another test page. Make sure the pattern numbered 8 in each row is the best aligned. If not, repeat step 4 and step 5.
- When you're finished, click Finish.